IATEFL-Hungary, in cooperation with the Regional English Language Office (RELO) for Central and Southeastern Europe, is proud to announce a Call for Participation in an exciting Learnathon event. The goal of the project is to promote the development of innovative mobile application promoting English language learning through a focus on global issues.
Teams of 3 English language educators from each of RELO’s 17 countries will be invited to participate. At the end of the week, following a series of presentations and hands-on activities, the team with the winning app proposal will be offered the opportunity to 1) have the app actually developed and 2) attend the 2016 TESOL International Convention in Baltimore. All costs for this program will be fully covered by RELO, in cooperation with IATEFL-Hungary.
If you are interested, please visit http://iatefl.hu/learnathon for further information – and don’t forget the submit the online form available at the link (deadline: March 30th, 2015).
Requirements for Applicant Teams:
· Teams must consist of 3 members.
· At least two team members must be early-to mid-career professional teachers of English or CLIL who have at least a Bachelor’s degree in teaching, and 5 or more years of English teaching experience, and are currently employed full time.
· One team member can be a student in an undergraduate or graduate program, or be an early- to mid-career professional in another discipline.
· Teams must consist of both male and female members.
· All team members must have at least a C1 level of English language proficiency on the CEFR.
· All team members must be both citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia
· Teams should designate at least one alternate member, in case one of the existing members is unable to participate.
· Teams must designate a ‘team captain’, who will act as the sole point of contact on this project.
· This project supports inclusion and encourages individuals with disabilities to apply.
Ideal Candidate Criteria:
· demonstrated true commitment/interest and experience in quality English as a Foreign Language education
· shown commitment and experience in teaching social responsibility / global issues
· proven to be highly experienced in developing, implementing, and evaluating a range of educational products/areas
· sufficient experience in information management systems, including internet, mobile, and online environments that are relevant to such a project
· demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a team
· demonstrated excellent project management skills
· proven high level of creativity, flexibility, and problem solving skills
· demonstrated true commitment to and skills in teamwork and the efficient maintenance of a supportive, collaborative work environment
· no prior travel to the U.S.
We wish you good luck!